Sunday, August 19, 2007

Tail Spin

After the worst display of baseball I have ever seen, and I have watched a lot of baseball, on Friday, we get some poor relief management tonight. With a lefty at the plate, and the bases loaded, we will leave the "new guy" righty in to see how he does, or because he is a "gritty veteran." Now look, I dont like Brian Shouse. But in pressure situations, and a lefty at the plate, he has done pretty well. Shousey also got out of the inning. One batter too long? I know that it is good to bring in the 'pen when the starter has the bases loaded in the middle innings. But to leave a relief pitcher out there after he has loaded them? Lame.

I cant find a clip of the play on Friday, sorry.

Also, a point may be made that Capuano is now useless. I get it. 2 2-run homers in back to back innings is really bad. The guy hasent pitched well since May, but he continues to trot him out there because he is a veteran.....and gritty.